I suppose this shouldn't really surprise us, I mean the Bible tells us several times that the world will think we are foolish and crazy for our faith and beliefs. It's just so funny to me that the world sees me as crazy because I rely on the Creator of the universe. I guess the real problem is that they just don't believe in Him or the cross, if any of the scientists were given the opportunity to talk to the creator of the entire universe they would jump at the opportunity. The funny part is that they do have that opportunity they just choose not to believe in Him, they choose to lean on their own understanding.
Even though I grew up as a Christian and always believed God existed there were definitely times in my life where I had my doubts, doubts I allowed the enemy to sneak into my thoughts. I recognize that tactic now and I don't have any doubt in my mind that not only does God exist, He is complete control. It's ironic the same people who claim not to believe in God at all are the first one to blame Him when anything bad in this world happens. God gave us free will and with that we all choose to be sinners, God doesn't stop us from doing terrible things to ourselves and others because He gave us the free will to choose right from wrong, good from evil, etc. That doesn't mean that He doesn't offer us a way out, and He can use everything for His good in the end, no matter what they enemy tries to use for evil God can change it to be for His good.
I don't really care if people think I am crazy, I suppose by the world standards I am a little crazy but that's ok with me. I actually don't want people to just think I am the same as everyone else, I want people to say I am different, I want people to say I am foolish. I am not so concerned with the labels but the Bible does say that followers of Him will be called these things so I am more than ok with that. I am not striving to simply be called crazy that would be easily achieved and not beneficial, I actually could care less what people call me or say about me, well I try not to care about it anyways.
The point is people think that it is completely insane to put all of your hope and trust into something that is unseen, to the world you are just crossing your fingers, closing your eyes, jumping off a cliff, and hoping that there is something at the bottom to catch you. The difference is I'm not just blindly jumping off a cliff, I am jumping off with my faith placed firmly in the promises of the Lord. I am not just crossing my fingers, I am praying, seeking His will, reading the Word, and making decisions based on His will for my life not my own because this is not my life it's His. I can see why this seems insane to someone who doesn't believe, to them they look down at the bottom of that cliff and they see rocks and low tide and danger; I look down the cliff and I see the open arms of my Father waiting to catch me and put me exactly where He wants me to be, but I have to jump first. It's such a different and completely amazing way to live your life when you put your faith in the one thing that will never ever fail you; to put your faith in the one thing that always has your best interests at heart even when you can't see it or understand it.
So maybe you call it insanity, I call it faith.
In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden
No comments:
Post a Comment