Friday, March 5, 2010

YES! Woman




It is so ridiculous when I think about how much the world around me controls what I do, how I do it, when I do something, why I do it, and who I do something for. Think about it, how often do you let what someone else MIGHT think affect your actions? I know I don't think I do it that often but, if I am really honest with myself I do it a lot more than I realize. I am not always consciously thinking about others around me; that's even worse to me though, that means I have been doing it for so long that it's just natural, it means that sometimes I don't even realize I am doing it. The first thing I want to do is ask the Lord to make me more aware of these thoughts and actions or lack thereof. 

How many times have you ever wanted to do something but you don't, you hold back, all because someone MIGHT think you are different or crazy or heaven forbid one of those Christians! I keep emphasizing the word might because a lot of what holds us back isn't even the people around us, often it is our own minds and the enemy. We let the possibility of negative reactions stop us from acting at all, so maybe we need to also ask the Lord to help us not always think the worst of people, to help us to not assume their thoughts and feelings. I am not saying that we should never consider where we are and who we are with, nor am I saying that we should just act without any consideration of the possible consequences. I am saying that we should ask for the Lord's direction, if He asks us to do something then nothing else matters except our obedience to Him. If the Lord asks you to do something you can trust that it will work out according to His plans and His good.

Sometimes I am just scared; I just allow fear itself to creep in and stop me, a lot of times I don't even know what I am afraid of. A few minutes later I will reflect on the situation and realize I had nothing to be afraid of, I often find that it's the moments when God wants to do the most amazing things that I am most afraid to step out. I have to remind myself that He is in control, He is trustworthy, He will not let me fall if I step out in faith. This doesn't mean that things are always going to go perfectly the way YOU envision them in your mind, remember these are God's plans not yours; expect Him to show up don't limit how He shows up. People are still people and they may react negatively you can't control that but you can control your actions and reactions. The point is to not allow the fear of being mocked or scorned or laughed at keep you from obeying Him.

I want to be a YES! Woman, when the Lord wants to use me I want to answer Him with an unwavering YES!. I don't want to question His judgement and direction, I do want to seek Him and His will, I do want to make sure that I am obeying Him and that I am not being deceived. I would never suggest to blindly act on something that you are having trouble discerning where it came from, don't use this as an excuse either though. I just want to be the kind of woman that seeks wholeheartedly after His heart, His will, His plans, I want to know Him so intimately that my heart becomes His heart and my thoughts become His thoughts. 





Lord, give me the wisdom and discernment to know your voice and obey, to say yes whenever you call, to love those around me without discrimination, trust you completely that I would never again fear the things of this world, that I would not be controlled by it, that I would not allow the enemy to have any power over my thoughts or my actions. Lord, I ask that when I hear and do not obey, when I allow the world to make my decisions, when I am fearful, when I give in to the enemy and his lies, I pray that I quickly repent and ask for your forgiveness and mercy. Thank you Father for being always faithful, trustworthy, and loving. I love you with all my heart!




I want to be a 'YES WOMAN', when God says go, do, jump, run, give, LOVE...I want to just say YES, not why, just YES! Lord, give me the courage to just say yes, no matter what that looks like to the world. I love HIM!


In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment