Sunday, March 7, 2010

No Such Thing As Good People

There are no good people in the whole world, there is not one single person who is good. Only God is good, only the reflection of Him in us is good. The world has such skewed definitions of good and evil, right and wrong, and unfortunately a lot of that misguidance spills over to Christians as well. How many times have you heard the statement "Well, I'm a good person." people love to determine their own goodness, it's not ours to determine because the only goodness we have is His. We think that being a worldly definition of good will make us closer to God and it doesn't, we don't understand why we can never be good enough. We can't ever be good enough because we are not good at all; only God is good and we cannot even begin to fathom what His goodness looks like; we can only allow Him to live within us and reflect His goodness through us.


The world has a definition of good and evil, right and wrong that is completely different than the real Godly definitions. These worldly definitions make exceptions for evil and wrong and put them into the good and right categories or into a grey area. We say that certain sin is allowed in certain situations and it will no longer be wrong. We allow people that we define as mostly good to commit evil acts and not be held accountable because they are mostly good by our standards. We say it's ok to lie if you are sparing someone's feelings, it's ok to murder someone if they killed someone you love, it's ok to be deceitful if it gets you something that you are 'entitled' to. These things are not right they are not good, no matter how you look at it lying, deceit, murder, sin, none of it is good, none of those words would be used to describe God, who is in fact the definition of good.


The problem is some where along the line we decided that we were capable of creating our own definitions, we were convinced by the lies of the enemy to allow for changes in good and evil to allow for grey areas. We cannot allow for grey areas, God does not ever say something is only a little sinful or only sometimes sinful. God defines good and evil, right and wrong, it is not our job or our right to make these determinations. This goes back to the fact that He is the creator, imagine if you created something and then someone told you that it wasn't correct they thought it would be more beneficial to change certain things about it. I'm sure a lot of us have received criticism like this before, but what if that same person didn't just tell you they disagreed but actually just made changes to your creation without your permission. This may have also happened to you before, I promise if you have ever experienced this it was not a joyful experience, it most likely upset you greatly. How much more does God have a right to make these determinations about His own creations. I only want His will, His goodness, His love to reflect through me. I don't want to make decisions on my own because I am not my own, I am His and His alone.


So, I'm not a good person and neither are you, there is good in me though, His name is Jesus Christ and He lives inside of me. When you see goodness in me, praise Him, give Him the glory for it is only Him in me that causes anything good. I am but a sinner without His love, mercy, grace, joy, and goodness; with those things I am a daughter, a bride, loved, and His goodness reflects through me. I am but only the vessel that He would choose to use me, love me, love you.


My your goodness radiate from my heart all the days of my life, I love you Lord!


In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment