Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ACTS like LUKE

So what is "ACT like LUKE"??

What does that look like?

Is Luke just some random person?

Why would I want to act like someone else anyways?

I'm confused...how 'bout you??

OK, the name of the blog isn't so much about acting like one individual...well, I take that back, it is. It's about being as Christ-like as we possibly can with the help of the Holy Spirit, the Father, the Son, and with any luck the fellowship of a Gospel-based community of believers; pretty much using none of our own strength (I'm pretty sure we have all a similarly bad outcome when we try to operate under our own strength).

So this still doesn't answer why in the world the blog is titled "ACTS like LUKE". God has given me a heart for helping people, specifically the missions field. God is preparing me to be a full time missionary in the not so distant future, I am so excited for all the amazing things He has in store for me. The story of my life as told by the Creator is one that leaps off the pages and makes my heart sing, dance, and shout for abundant joy in Him. There are two specific verses (and about a million others) that speak to my soul during this season in my life:
First: "Then he opened their minds so they could understand the scriptures. He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in His name to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem you are witnesses of these things. I'm going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." (LUKE 24:45-49).
Second: "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." (ACTS 1:8).

I will be sharing revelations, prophecy, and visions that God has shared with me. There are some pretty amazing stories to tell, which is probably due to the fact that God is so good and completely amazing all on His own. I am eternally grateful and completely in love with Him, it's the kind of love you are giddy about, you know the kind you want to run out and tell everyone about because it's just that special (I will talk about this a lot, you'll probably get a little tired of me talking about how in love and over joyed I am in Him).

What ACTS like LUKE IS:
-So then this blog be based on personal experience of myself and the retelling of personal experiences of others with our Creator. (Colossians 3:9-11)
-It is about a journey of lost to found, condemned to redeemed, beauty to ashes, mourning to dancing, and sorrow to joy, all because of the Most High King. (Isaiah 61:3)
-The movement and fulfillment of the Holy Spirit -pretty completely amazing by the way! (Acts 10:46-48)
-The words of a daughter of the King obeying her Father and allowing Him to lead her into His perfect destiny. (Jeremiah 29:11)
-Missions
-Joy
-Sacrifice
-Above all else LOVE!!
What ACTS like LUKE
is NOT:
-
This is not by any means an all knowing or perfectly correct source, I am just a humble servant of the King, I don't claim to be any more or any less.
-A place to be angry or critical of one another.
(I'm sure there is more that should go here but let's not focus on the negative)

I think that's about it for now...I'm just excited to share some of my joy with everyone! :)

In Christ's love and joy,
-
Reed Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment