There is a worship song by Jake Hamilton (who is amazing by the way), there is a line in it that says, "wake up child it's your turn to shine, you were born for such a time as this." It really hits me hard because it speaks so strongly about the plan God has for each of us. We were all born specifically at the time we were because he created us to live in that time, nothing He does is by accident.
I think if people knew that God had a plan for us to be born at a specific time and place that they would have a better understanding of His love for us. He didn't make any of us by accident, regardless of how your or what your parents did to bring you into this world, it really doesn't matter very much compared to the fact that God planned for you to be here. I think that is WAY more amazing than any parent's plans, or lack there of, to have children; can you believe that God actually planned from the very beginning for your life?!? I don't know about you but that is a pretty humbling thought to me; the God that created the universe also created me! Not only did God take the time to create me, He took the time to write my life story. When I say that God created me and you, He didn't just create people and then we multiplied for generations and here we are. Although, that did happen, it was all part of God's plan from the very beginning; He had perfect plans for your life from your creation until He calls you home to Him.
God is just so good, He knew exactly the time we were meant to be here, every detail of our destiny in Him. He also gave us free will to pursue Him or pursue the things of the enemy and the things of this world. There is no such thing as middle ground, you can't half-heartedly pursue God's destiny; you might think you are but God doesn't like lukewarm, it's hot or cold to Him.Personally if you tell me that I have the chance to write my own life story or I can be obedient to the God of the universe and let Him write it; I choose Him! Either way don't know how that story ends except in His version I know I am going to heaven and I know I have someone in charge that already knows what happens next. When I try to write the story I try to guess what is supposed to happen next; I feel like it turns into "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" there are usually good intentions but I just don't usually make the right decisions all on my own.
I think the song really captures this truth well, not only does it tell us that we were specifically born for this time, and later on it talks about our destiny as well. The song also says for us to "wake up" because "it's your turn to shine", God didn't plan for you to be born and be useless. God planned something amazing for His Kingdom through your life, don't allow the world to ever convince you that you aren't good enough. Who cares if the world thinks you are worthless, my treasures are not here but with my Father, The King, in heaven. I just want to live my life for Him and His glory, it's my time to shine! It's my time to shine His light, expand His Kingdom, and glorify Him in all I do; nothing is about me, it's all about Christ and Him living in me.
Don't ever forget you have a destiny, you were always meant to be born and live this exact time, it's your turn to shine for Him! Don't turn your light off and let the enemy convince you that you aren't meant to shine, God intends for all of His Children to shine His light!
In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden
No comments:
Post a Comment