I think it's interesting that when most people, whether believer or non-believer, read the title of this entry the word "affair" will instantaneously cause them to think about infidelity, cheating, adultery, lying, shame...sin. I was originally going to start this entry with a disclaimer that I was in fact not referring to any of these things, and then I realized I had just obtained my real inspiration.
Each one of us was or is all of those things; I was a lying, cheating, adulteress, shame-filled, infidel; and I am a sinner. WOW, now if that's not intense I don't know what is; this is not my favorite type of intense though, I prefer the supernaturally amazing stuff (we'll get there in future entries, don't worry).
In a not so distant land I was the above described individual, I was so focused on the world and its views and I'm not talking about the environmentally conscious type of world views, I'm talking about the worst kind of materialistic selfish world views you know the kind. If you could even venture to say I knew what love was previously then I definitely loved the world not God, I said I believed but a believer does not a follower make and most certainly a servant does not a lover make.
I spent the last 24 years committing adultery against my Lover, the only Father I would ever know, the only true confidant, friend, and savior. Then there was me in my self-perceived human glory, I just continued to turn my back on Him and pretend he wasn't there loving me the whole time through every single dark, depressing, disgusting moment. In today's world we still disapprove of adultery (for the most part, those who approve are a-whole-nother topic). Even in that so-called disapproval it happens every day and no one is truly shocked or appalled when it does.
Here's the whole reason I changed my focus on this entry; it wasn't because I wanted to spend a whole bunch of time talking about what terrible things I did or about how messed up and terrible the condition of the world is today (no matter how terrible they both are). I have wasted plenty of time feeling shame and guilt, and we can complain about world problems all day and if we aren't acting to change ourselves or the world around us we are doing little more than wasting oxygen, time, and brain cells on contributing to the problem rather than the solution. Anyways, I wanted to focus on the slightly more positive and, I believe, more awesome side of my entry title; my affair/adultery/infidelity is now against the world and the enemy. I have chosen to turn my back on the things of this world and turn wholeheartedly into Him, I broke my covenant with the enemy and reclaimed what God had for me all a long, a promise of love (you know the real kind, the only kind).
If you think you know what true love is and you don't have a truly personal relationship with the Creator of the universe then I challenge you to seek Him wholeheartedly until you feel what His love is and then see if it's not indescribably more amazing than anything you ever thought was love in this world. I thought I knew until I fell head over heels, giddy, excited, school girl, change your facebook status kind of love with the King of Kings. I mean how many people can say that they are actually in love with any King let alone the King of all Kings, that's a pretty amazing dude right there.
Are you sick of hearing about my Love yet??
It's a really sappy love story that is immensely more intense and incredible than any romantic movie or book. The best part is this is only the beginning...
In Christ's love,
-Reed Eden
No comments:
Post a Comment