God is so good, I know I say that all the time but it's because it's so true! He always knows exactly what we need and when we need it. Tonight I really was feeling tired and worn down from two very busy weeks, I haven't felt like I had much time to come up for air. I have been waking up at 4am to get in some quality time with God in the mornings and start my day off right; needless to say it's been wearing me out a little bit. I really just needed some rest and restoration and He gave that to me tonight.
God provided a time of fellowship and encouragement that I desperately needed, I really can't comprehend being a secluded Christian. I can't imagine not having the love and encouragement of at least one fellow believer around me occasionally at very least. I am so fed and renewed from spending time in fellowship with other believers, it gives me such motivation and joy. When I can openly talk about Christ and what He is doing in my life and receive encouragement and loving feedback; when I can actually have a conversation with someone about God; it is so amazing, it just makes me over joyed.
It's so nice to be able to tell someone all your hopes and dreams, the plans God has for you, and to have them share in your joy and excitement. I know we should be able to talk about Christ to anyone, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy conversation with believers as well. I would argue it is completely necessary to have fellowship, God even says that where more than two are gathered He is there also, we were not made to be alone. We were created for contact with other people, we are meant first and foremost to share the gospel with those who don't know it and to strive to be Christ-like. We are called to love people, people are also called to love us; it's ok to receive sometimes too, it is acceptable to be fed and encouraged and ministered to. The key is letting God lead you into times of ministering and times of being ministered to; to know when to graciously accept from others and when to selflessly give.
I am so excited for the things God has in store for me in my life, I know that He has some big plans for His Kingdom through me. I pray that I listen and seek Him in everything that I do; I can't wait to see His promises continue to come to life in me.
In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden
No comments:
Post a Comment