The W.A.R. Path is the path of a sinner to the redeemed, the path of despair to hope, loneliness to companionship, oppression to freedom, pessimism to faith, and more than anything it's the story of a Daughter falling completely in love with her Father, the King!
W.A.R. stands for Weird August Rain, it has a lot of meaning behind it but basically it's just how I feel about God, He is so amazing, He shows up in the biggest ways when you least expect it. To me He is that weird thunderstorm in the middle of August that just pours rain down on you out of nowhere and you are so taken back by it you just want to dance and sing and jump in all the puddles. The kind of rain that washes over your soul and you could stay right there forever and never even realize that you should be uncomfortably wet and cold because all you feel is His warmth and presence washing over you like Weird August Rain.
I grew up in a Christian church and I was for the most part a “good Christian girl”, at least on the surface. I knew that Jesus loved me and that he cared about me but deep down on the inside I felt worthless, alone, and unloved. I knew that my mom, and sister loved me very much but it only took the rejection of my Father to make me feel less than. As I grew up without the protection of a Father over me, I desired a boyfriend as young as 5th and 6th grade and by middle school I could hardly think about anything else. My heart would break whenever a boy I was interested in was not interested in me, I cried a lot. My first kiss was forced on me at 15 years old, my first boyfriend was a boy that attended my church but sexual immorality began to creep in although I did not want to participate I felt pressured to, I was afraid to be alone again.
The real destruction in my life began when I started a relationship with a boy that would one day become my ex-husband. He was very jealous and controlling over me and secluded me from the world, I lost countless friends, and he pulled me away from my church completely. I gave up my purity and virginity to him at 17, I justified it because we were going to get married someday anyways. I was just afraid to say no and be alone, I thought I was in love and that’s what you do when you love someone right? After we were married things only got worse, my marriage was more like prison, I felt like a servant. I worked, cooked, cleaned, did the laundry, and any other chores or responsibilities were mine as well, the bedroom was no different: nothing I ever did was satisfactory in his eyes. I was completely worthless. There were many days I would long to be back in the church and a few times I even got the courage to ask him if we could go, the answer was always no. The enemy told me that I wasn’t good enough to go back to my heavenly Father anyways that He didn’t want me either.
We ended up divorced 3 years into our marriage when I got the courage to leave. I became promiscuous and tried to fill the attention and love whole in my heart with many different men over the next 18 months, several times I attempted to get back to God and the enemy would take me back to my place of inadequacy and I would run away again. I finally started attending the Rock shortly before I deployed to Afghanistan where I vowed to myself to spend all my free time with God, I got involved in the Chapel there as soon as possible and I spent every free moment in the chapel or with other Christians. I was still broken and lost but I was moving in the right direction at least! God began to move in my life and called me back to a life of purity, I told the man I was dating at the time that I did not want us to be intimate until we were married, he left, I didn’t waiver.
When I returned from my deployment I went straight back to the Rock and attended every event I could find, the Jim Anderson conference came up and I knew I needed to be there. God used Jim to cast demons out of my spirit, break chains that had held me for years, and begin to provide healing and restoration to my heart. He gave me the revelation that God sees me as His daughter that He loves, not just another girl who sins and fails constantly. I longed for connection with other believers, He finally provided me with an entire community of people who love Christ and love me too.
I was baptized when I was about 10 years old and although I did understand and believe that Jesus had died for my sins I didn’t understand the concept of living a whole new life in Christ. God put it on my heart for a couple months to be baptized again, I was resisting because I wasn’t sure that I was desiring it for the right reasons. Finally in a group of believers one night we did spontaneous baptisms and I knew it was my time, so on January 22,2010 I was born into a new life! That night I was also baptized in the Holy Spirit and I have been so filled by His spirit every moment since then.
God has taken me from a scared, alone, worthless sinner who was broken beyond repair and turned me into a precious and beautiful creation in his sight. He took all of the terrible things that have ever happened to me and turned them into His good for the Kingdom. I am so filled with the Holy Spirit:
I have been given visions for other people’s lives where I used to have none for my own.
I have been given revelation where there was no hope or understanding.
I have been given the power to give deliverance and cast out demons that I was once afflicted and tortured by.
I have prophecy and destiny spoken over my life where there once was only depression and despair.
God has called me to take his joy into the nations and to restore the daughter’s heart, he took me through all of this and carried me into my destiny to free His daughters from the grips of the enemy. Praise God my mourning has turned into dancing my ashes into beauty.
In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden
No comments:
Post a Comment