Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Took Back What he Stole From me

"I went down to the enemy's camp, and I, took back what he stole from me, now he's under my feet!"
Some of you may have heard this song before, It happens to be a favorite of mine for obvious reasons, it's a real triumphant song. I love to sing that song when I feel like God helped me "win" a spiritual battle with pesky Satan; it's like a really sweet victory/fight song.


So anyways, let me tell you why I am talking about this song. God has really spoken a lot of destiny and hope for the future into my life lately, much of it in specific detail; like who, what, when, and where kind of stuff. I feel really blessed that God has spoken so much prophecy into my life, both through other people and directly to me. I am even more blessed that He has given me quite a bit more detail and information than I feel like He normally gives because I needed to see things from prophecy come to life to really really put my faith and trust 100% in Him. Now that He was kind enough to remind me why He can be trusted, not that I should have needed the reminder, I was having a little trouble swimming in faith.


There are a lot of things that God has told me will happen in my life but not for a couple years and because they are a little ways off and because they are pretty amazing; Satan tried to steal them from me. Satan tried to seal my hope and my joy and replace it with doubt and unbelief, I almost let him gain some ground for a minute too. I was feeling a little bummed yesterday and I wasn't sure why at first, then I realized it was because I was having thoughts of doubt about God's plans for me. It's really easy when you feel like God spoke to you for you to jump to doubtful thoughts; thinking things like, what if I'm wrong, what if I made it all up in my head, God doesn't care that much about me, I'm just not good enough etc. These thoughts are planted by the enemy, when I really think about it the words God spoke to me could not have possibly come from anywhere else and I think we can all agree that the words of God are not to be questioned! When I think about His plans for my life and they just seem so big, so overwhelmingly amazing, in my humanity I feel so small and insignificant. I know that I would never have come up with these plans on my own; I just don't have enough confidence; I don't think this highly of myself; only God could think these things were possible, and through Him they are.


I don't have faith in myself, I am human and I mess things up a lot. Maybe I don't mess things up terribly all the time but God is just so much better at handling my life and the whole universe, I can't imagine putting any faith in myself again. It's not that I don't think that I am capable of anything, I am just aware that the only reason I am capable or talented or gifted in any way is through Him. So, this is why I put my faith in Him in me, not just in myself or my abilities because without Him I really don't have much to offer. The thing is the enemy tries to remind me of my inadequacy and then I start to allow those subtle thoughts of doubt creep in and before you know it you are questioning the words God himself spoke into your life.


I have been freed from so many chains and strongholds the enemy used to have over my life and because those lies have been exposed the enemy has no power with those tactics anymore. So he tried some more subtle ways to get into my life and try to gain a footing again, it took me a day or two but I figured out his games and lies and recognized them for what they were. Then I asked God to restore my joy and my hope in Him because I know that anything He has spoken into my life will not return void, God always keeps His promises. God is never wrong, he knows everything I will ever do or ever have done; I think I can trust that when He speaks something about my future it will be accurate. If there is ever anything that is incorrect it is me allowing myself to filter His word rather than just accepting it for exactly what it is.


God is so good, all I had to do was ask and He restored my joy and hope in my future and my destiny through Him. He reminded me that on my own I am not worthy but through Jesus Christ I am crowned a daughter of the King and that makes me worthy of everything He has for me. I need to remain faithful and feed my soul daily with prayer and His word to remind myself that no matter what things look like to me, no matter how much it seems impossible, that through God everything is possible and He works for the good of those who love Him.


Praise God for the future and the destiny He has planned for my life, and yours!!


In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment