Monday, February 22, 2010

Slummin'

I love how God can pick me up out of my most depressing or sad moment and turn it around into a moment of joy in Him. I have been a little bummed out, just having ups and downs over the last few days and I couldn't seem to shake the funk I was in. I knew exactly why I was feeling off too, I haven't been in the word or prayer as much as usual and so I feel like I am not as close to God and that makes me feel bummed out.


We can all make excuses for why we don't have time for God, we all have very busy lives that allow for little to no time spent with our Creator. I can't imagine what it feels like to watch your children ignore you for days, weeks, months, even years for some. I can't imagine loving and caring for someone the way God cares about each of us; I really can't imagine how he does it when we don't even spend a moment to say thank you and tell Him we love Him. The real crazy part is when we do take that time He rewards us so greatly, there has never been a time when I prayed or read my bible and then thought "dang I wish I wouldn't have done that, or man I just wasted my time". I can for sure say I have thought those things after spending time on the computer or watching TV and I realize how much life I just wasted mindlessly participating in the world. I just don't want to mindlessly participate in anything, I believe that God created me with a destiny. When He gave me a future and a destiny in Him, He gave me something to look forward to and strive towards every day. I want to always be purposefully striving towards Him, I don't want to waste time with things that don't glorify Him and things that take away from my time with Him.


I love my Father daughter time and I wouldn't give it up for anything or everything in the whole world, He is the greatest thing I have ever received. I just needed to be reminded how much He loves me and misses me when I don't spend enough time with Him, that quickly pulled me out of my slump into His arms. His arms is the best place in the whole world to be, I love to feel His comfort and love around me, to know that He loves me. It's weird how I can honestly feel like he physically protects me, holds me, loves me, I can really feel a change in myself when His presence is around me like that.


Sometimes you even know that if you would just get in the word and pray your mood would change drastically and you would be out of whatever bummed out mood you are in. Yet, many times we continue to suffer rather than ask for His help or just spend time praising Him. We are stubborn and you can pray and read the word all day but if you aren't putting your heart into it and actually trying to participate in a relationship with Him then you aren't going to get anything out of it. I find that sometimes I am praying and I don't really believe what I am saying, I am just saying it because it's what I know I should say. When this happens I try to just get quiet and imagine God's amazingness in my life and remind myself why I believe in His words, why I have faith in Him, why I am so utterly and completely in love with Him. It really helps to get my heart in the right place to communicate with Him and just bring myself to the throne and get renewed and refreshed in Him.


I am blessed beyond belief to have the most amazing Father in the whole universe who can always make His daughter's day brighter just because He is who He says He is and He always will be.


In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment