Monday, February 15, 2010

God is good- ALL the time

It amazes me every day, usually several times a day, how good God is; He is the definition of good. I think it's just so awesome that we have a God that never has ill intentions towards us; He always loves us, He always cares for us; He is always after our hearts. The crazy part about God being after our hearts is that He doesn't need us, He actually wants us; more than that He wants us to want Him, to love Him.


God will never desert me, no matter what stupid thing I do He still loves me just the same. In His eyes I will always be Daddy's little girl, it doesn't mean that I am allowed to sin without being held accountable, it just means that He will still love me anyways. It is so comforting to know that even on my most terrible day, in my most terrible circumstances; He is with me, He loves me, He has good intentions towards me.


With all the tragedy and terrible things going on in the world today it's all to easy to believe the lies of the enemy; the lie that God doesn't care about us, that He has left us alone, or worst of all that maybe He just doesn't even exist. I can see how it could be easy to believe any one of these lies without faith in Him; it's all too easy to blame our sin on God. The truth of the matter is that the world causes these terrible situations, allows them to occur through our sin, and then we yell at God and say "how could you?!". He gives us all free will, that's one of the most amazing things about Him; we have never been forced to believe in Him, to love Him, or to follow Him. Our free will also allows us to choose sin and when we do make that decision we can't then look to the heavens and ask God why He did to us what we have truly done to ourselves.


The good news is the HE STILL LOVES US!! He is so good that even after we accuse Him of committing our sins (remember the cross?) He still can forgive us again and again and love us just as much as He always has. His love for us is not based on good deeds, we can never do enough to earn His love, He loves us because we are His children. In return all He desires is that we love Him and seek Him. No matter what bad situation I am in, even when I feel like everything is going to come crashing down on me; I know I can take comfort knowing that He is still God, He still loves me, and His intentions towards me are always good (even if I can't see it at that moment).


Daddy,
I love you, thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for loving me every day regardless of the mistakes that I make or the promises I break. Thank you for always holding my hand and even carrying me when I need it, you have never failed me. Thank you for never deserting me, never leaving me alone, never wishing ill upon me. Thank you for calling me your daughter and creating me to be a princess in your Kingdom; it's an honor I can never earn and am eternally grateful for. Thank you Daddy for the million things I will never know or understand that you did for me. Thank you for always protecting me when no one else would, you are so good. You are the best Daddy in the whole universe! I love you, I want to spend forever in your arms. Thank you Daddy, thank you. I love you!
Love forever and always,
Your Daughter


In Christ's Love,
Reed Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment